Finalist 2019: Club América – “#WEAREAMÉRICA”
Objective and Context:
· To continue building brand awareness of the greatness of the club.
· Beyond the club’s achievements, to promote the aura behind our successes.
· To open a dialogue and participation with our followers.
· Create an emotional connection with our fans.
There were several meetings: First, with the marketing people from Club América to set needs and objectives.
Later, we met with the strategy and creative teams to define a strategic route and finalize a creative theme.
We held a series of interviews with fans to choose the people who would go in the campaign. It was a long and careful documentary process.
Throughout this process, the club’s marketing staff were involved as well as the agency and the production house, “Imaginary Voices”.
Publication and Distribution:
· What digital channels were used?
Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.
· How many pieces of content were created?
· Was there a hashtag involved?
“We are América.”
“You don’t root for América, you are América.”
The club of the greatest stories.
· Was it also published on TV or conventional mass media?
The campaign was successes within tradition and digital media and even reached to the team and players. At the end of the tournament, during the semifinals, a reporter asked Bruno Valdez “why would America make a comeback?” to which the player responded: “because WE ARE AMÉRICA”.
This campaign was carried out by, and for the Club America fans. The results have been excellent, and a good connection has been created with the club’s fans.
The digital campaign was effective and efficient from the beginning, supported with video pieces, and created content that added to Club América throughout the seaso. Our goal was to connect our fans with a true sense of belonging. “You don’t root for América, you are América.”